• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why am I paying child support Please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob.Shelly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I got my divorce in April 2011 and in the decree I have joint managing conservertorship. I get my child every other week for a week at a time and half of thanksgiving and Christmas break. so pretty much half and half. So why am i paying $200 a month in child support. I just dont understand this we split any medical bills and so on. she is required to hold insurance but its medicaid so its free! I'm not a deadbeat by any means. I'm a good dad i even watch him on her weeks as well as mine sometimes! I dont feel its fair that i pay as much as some of my friends who only see their kid every other weekend or not at all. Is there any way to reduse or be rid of child support in my case?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I got my divorce in April 2011 and in the decree I have joint managing conservertorship. I get my child every other week for a week at a time and half of thanksgiving and Christmas break. so pretty much half and half. So why am i paying $200 a month in child support. I just dont understand this we split any medical bills and so on. she is required to hold insurance but its medicaid so its free! I'm not a deadbeat by any means. I'm a good dad i even watch him on her weeks as well as mine sometimes! I dont feel its fair that i pay as much as some of my friends who only see their kid every other weekend or not at all. Is there any way to reduse or be rid of child support in my case?

...because Texas uses a straight percentage of the NCP's income.

So, what do your actual orders say about custody? Word for word, without names please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">