• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why is child support a felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rlcross66

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I keep getting denied jobs because child support is a felony, how can this be changed.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I keep getting denied jobs because child support is a felony, how can this be changed.
Child support is NOT a felony. Not PAYING your child support may very well be. The most obvious solution is to pay your child support.

Just Blue

Failure to support your child is a felony. Having a child support order is not a felony.

Really...You had to neglect your support obligation for quite some time to have been convicted of this crime. Shame on you.

CSO286

No, you are turned down for employement for having a felony conviction for failure to pay your child support.

Which means that you have willfully and consistently avoided paying your support. Because, in order for failure to pay to reach a felony level you have to be racking up the past due support to the tune of over $5000.... ...(though that amount might vary in some states.)

Last edited:

Just Blue

No, you are turned down for employement for having a felony conviction for failure to pay your child support.

Which means that you have willfully and consistently avoided paying your support. Because, in order for failure to pay to reach a felony level you have to be racking up the past due support to the tune of over $5000.... ...(though that amount might vary in some states.)
Perhaps Mr Cross is too busy trying to find "casual safe sex" partners, to bother feeding his child/ren.:rolleyes:

http://www.blackplanet.com/your_page/status_updates/index.html?profile_id=56689649&profile_name=rlcross66&user_id=56689649&username=rlcross66

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If OP moves to Nevada, he might be able to combine his wish for casual safe sex with paying his child support.

CourtClerk

OP... just so you know.

BP is SOOOOOO 1990's. No one actually goes on there anymore.... It's kind of like wearing velour track suits.
#ijs

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">