+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rlcross66 is offline Junior Member

Why is child support a felony

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
    I keep getting denied jobs because child support is a felony, how can this be changed.
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlcross66 View Post
    I keep getting denied jobs because child support is a felony, how can this be changed.
    Child support is NOT a felony. Not PAYING your child support may very well be. The most obvious solution is to pay your child support.
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Failure to support your child is a felony. Having a child support order is not a felony.

Really...You had to neglect your support obligation for quite some time to have been convicted of this crime. Shame on you.
    CSO286 is offline Senior Member

No, you are turned down for employement for having a felony conviction for failure to pay your child support.

Which means that you have willfully and consistently avoided paying your support. Because, in order for failure to pay to reach a felony level you have to be racking up the past due support to the tune of over $5000.... ...(though that amount might vary in some states.)
    Last edited by CSO286; 04-11-2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typo
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CSO286 View Post
    No, you are turned down for employement for having a felony conviction for failure to pay your child support.

Which means that you have willfully and consistently avoided paying your support. Because, in order for failure to pay to reach a felony level you have to be racking up the past due support to the tune of over $5000.... ...(though that amount might vary in some states.)
    Perhaps Mr Cross is too busy trying to find "casual safe sex" partners, to bother feeding his child/ren.

http://www.blackplanet.com/your_page/status_updates/index.html?profile_id=56689649&profile_name=rlcross66&user_id=56689649&username=rlcross66
    CSO286 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    Perhaps Mr Cross is too busy trying to find "casual safe sex" partners, to bother feeding his child/ren.

[url=http://www.blackplanet.com/your_page/status_updates/index.html?profile_id=56689649&profile_name=rlcross66&user_id=56689649&username=rlcross66]rlcross66 - BlackPlanet.com[/url]
    You know...for some reason I am slightly wary of checking that link while I am at work......

I'll do it later and take your word for it, Blue.
    dmcc10880 is offline Member

[url=http://www.blackplanet.com/your_page/status_updates/index.html?profile_id=56689649&profile_name=rlcross66&user_id=56689649&username=rlcross66]rlcross66 - BlackPlanet.com[/url]
    OK... how's this?

ROFLMFAO.
    Last edited by dmcc10880; 04-11-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: A stealthy response
    stealth2 is offline Senior Member
    You may want to edit that, dude. Before someone does it for you. Ya know?
    Antigone* is offline Senior Member
    In honor of JetX ~ Somnambulist University

EWWWWWW....

I just love the interwebs, they are just so enlightening!!!
    stealth2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcc10880 View Post
    OK... how's this?

ROFLMFAO.
    Better. Thank you.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    If OP moves to Nevada, he might be able to combine his wish for casual safe sex with paying his child support.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    Isis1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    If OP moves to Nevada, he might be able to combine his wish for casual safe sex with paying his child support.
    two birds with one stone! i LIKE the thought process!
    CourtClerk is offline Senior Member
    Sitting at the computer probably rolling my eyes at your post
    OP... just so you know.

BP is SOOOOOO 1990's. No one actually goes on there anymore.... It's kind of like wearing velour track suits.
    #ijs
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtClerk View Post
    OP... just so you know.

BP is SOOOOOO 1990's. No one actually goes on there anymore.... It's kind of like wearing velour track suits.
    #ijs

Well, sometimes, if blue velour is the best you can do....
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proserpina View Post
    Well, sometimes, if blue velour is the best you can do....
    Thought OP was wearing yellow.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.