• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will Child support increase with pay increase?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostfan06

What is the name of your state? FL

My boyfriend and his ex-wife have been divorced for 2 years. He pays child support for his two children and alimony. He was just promoted and will be making 25% more a year. Will the Child Support increase now since he is making more money? If this increase in income is not disclosed to the ex-wife, could his ex-wife be eligible for back child support from the day the increase took place?

Her alimony will end in May 2008 and she will most likely take him back to court just to see if she can get more out of him.

Thanks

MrsK

My boyfriend and his ex-wife have been divorced for 2 years. He pays child support for his two children and alimony. He was just promoted and will be making 25% more a year. Will the Child Support increase now since he is making more money? If this increase in income is not disclosed to the ex-wife, could his ex-wife be eligible for back child support from the day the increase took place?

Her alimony will end in May 2008 and she will most likely take him back to court just to see if she can get more out of him.

Thanks
Run the numbers through a calculator.

Increased support is usually only retroactive to the time it was filed for.

GrowUp!

Thanks
What does the order state in regards to pay increases and modification of child support?

lostfan06

I'm not sure if there is anything written in the paperwork about modifications or pay increases. I'll check and get back with you.

CJane

I'm not sure if there is anything written in the paperwork about modifications or pay increases. I'll check and get back with you.
Often, an order won't say anything at all about increases, but while you're looking, see if it's in the order that your BF is required to disclose his income, or inform his ex of any changes in his rate of pay.

ceara19

Often, an order won't say anything at all about increases, but while you're looking, see if it's in the order that your BF is required to disclose his income, or inform his ex of any changes in his rate of pay.
Also, if child support goes through the state enforcement office, dad needs to check CSE guidelines concerning reporting a change of income.

lostfan06

He checked his paperwork and it does not say anything about notifying her of an increase. Also, CS and Alimony are set up as Direct Deposit into her account so the CSU is not involved.
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions!! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">