• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will child support stop?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bwheeler

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I was wondering, my 17 year old son wants to change his last name to my maidnen name before he joins the Navy. Will this effect the child support I recieve for him?What is the name of your state?

rmet4nzkx

bwheeler said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I was wondering, my 17 year old son wants to change his last name to my maidnen name before he joins the Navy. Will this effect the child support I recieve for him?What is the name of your state?
He will need dad's permission to change his last name before he reaches the age of majority. Your son will have to have both parents sign his enlistment papers if he joins before he reaches majority. Your child support payments will stop when he reaches majority according to the laws of the Commonwealth of PA and/or begins his enlistment because that emancipates him so dad will no longer owe you child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">