• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will i get support for a child working?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA
My daughter who wants to live with me and is 17 (if we get divorced) has a job part time, her hours vary and she is on Independent study through the school. She saved and purchased her own car and pays for everything for it. Will that effect child support due to me for her? I am disabled and have applied for social security. She also may graduate early and start college what is the law. in how long he has to pay? Thanks Theresa

rmet4nzkx

Theresalee said:
My daughter who wants to live with me and is 17 (if we get divorced) has a job part time, her hours vary and she is on Independent study through the school. She saved and purchased her own car and pays for everything for it. Will that effect child support due to me for her? I am disabled and have applied for social security. She also may graduate early and start college what is the law. in how long he has to pay? Thanks Theresa
Until age 18
Did you ever take care of the Nunc Pro Tunc?

VeronicaGia

Theresalee said:
Support will continue until the child turns 18 AND graduates high school, but no longer than age19. If she has graduated by her 18th birthday, support will stop.

Yes I did go down to file for it but need more info and I have to go back for the pro tunc nunc...... I will before I file for divorce.. I am just getting as preparred as possible.. So her (17 yr old) income wont come into play? Or is that just the judges desition according to what she makes and needs it for? Assumption on my part of course. Thanks for the info. Theresa

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

You need to keep everything on one thread and because right now you are still a bigamist none of the advice you get will be accurate. This is confusing things.

O.K no problem, I figured since it was a different question I would have to put in in the appropriate place.. I am just trying to prepare myself for this in case.. Didn't think anything was wrong with that and I was a bigamist for 5 days. and we have been married for 20 and we didn't even know... But you already know this.. I will keep every single thread in the same place..... Thanks so much!!!!

rmet4nzkx

Theresalee said:
O.K no problem, I figured since it was a different question I would have to put in in the appropriate place.. I am just trying to prepare myself for this in case.. Didn't think anything was wrong with that and I was a bigamist for 5 days. and we have been married for 20 and we didn't even know... But you already know this.. I will keep every single thread in the same place..... Thanks so much!!!!
You are mistaken, you are still a bigamist and there is no valid marriage until the divorce is amended Nunc Pro Tunc. You are going to get very little or no support for your daughter, getting the Nunc Pro Tunc may provide you with alimony if you are not able to get disability.

O.K now that you wrote me back what does child support have to do with this? Its seperate right? Why would I not get child support for HIS daughter?
I understand the rest but as I understand my daughter is still intitled to support regardless of the marriage of her parents. right?
I have no problem taking this to the other thread I am answering you back....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">