• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will my daughter be concidered before other child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjacob82

What is the name of your state? Nebraska
Okay my fiance and are in a tight spot. That is if we stay together after all of this. But in the event we do I want to know what will happen.

My fiance slept with another woman this past summer and she is now pregnant with his child. We have a two year old together. I am wondering when she goes to collect child support from him will they take my daughter into concideration before this other child. He does not pay "child support" for our daughter being we live together and he helps with monthly expences. What will happen?? Please help so I can plan for the future!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Since there's no order for support for the child you share, she won't be considered when it comes to calculating support for his other child.

rmet4nzkx

If you want your child considered you will need to establish paternity and petition for child support now, before the other child is born, that will insure that your child's support is established if somehting happens to your relationship.

nextwife

Your child is already born, other woman is pg. You file for CS NOW! Tomorrow. Your filing will be first. As it should be. What if you two broke up? Your daughter was here first, she SHOULD be considered first. File now so that she will be- before the other woman can file. The CS order will require he pay a "certain amount" each month.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Duh - I missed that the kid wasn't already born and therefore CS not yet filed for!

MtnMoon

It would be a smart thing to file and establish child support, visitation, and custody...since you are not married and have not mentioned that you will be married anytime soon. If he leaves...then you'd have the order in place already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">