• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will notarized letter stop child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prairie9

My friend live in Pennsylvania. She and her husband are approaching their final court date to sign adoption papers. Now her husband wants her to sign a letter having it notarized stating that if they eventually divorce that she will not go after him for child support. She is only signing this so the adoption will go through as planned. Will this letter prevent her from obtaining child support in the future if they do divorce?

Isis1

My friend live in Pennsylvania. She and her husband are approaching their final court date to sign adoption papers. Now her husband wants her to sign a letter having it notarized stating that if they eventually divorce that she will not go after him for child support. She is only signing this so the adoption will go through as planned. Will this letter prevent her from obtaining child support in the future if they do divorce?
wow. that's just sad for the child. "i'll only to promise to love you if i never have to take care of you". your friend.....needs to really sit down and really think about her choices of adopting this child with this man.

that letter means less than the toilet paper my husband used this morning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">