• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will a US airman in stationed in Italy have to pay child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smutlydog

Texas

My stepson just got out of the air-force. A lady from a third world country had his child in Italy while they were living together off base. What are her legal options for collecting child support? My stepson lives in Texas. I am trying to help her since my stepson has chosen to be a dead beat dad.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Texas

My stepson just got out of the air-force. A lady from a third world country had his child in Italy while they were living together off base. What are her legal options for collecting child support? My stepson lives in Texas. I am trying to help her since my stepson has chosen to be a dead beat dad.
Is your step son even the father legally? She needs to go through Italy -- or whatever country she is in. This is NOT a US Law question.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes, his name is on the birth certificate. Can the state of Texas force him to pay?
His name being on the birth certificate may not matter and you didn't read what I wrote. She needs to deal with the country in which she and the child are located. THEIR LAWS CONTROL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">