• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Willful non-payment of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nachobaybe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Just wondering if anyone knows the odds of the NCP being sent to jail or fined for willful non payment of child support. This willful non payment has been going on for over 5+ years. NCP is not disabled or on any benifits just chooses not to pay support. NCP has has been deemed fit to work.
Thanks in advance!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Just wondering if anyone knows the odds of the NCP being sent to jail or fined for willful non payment of child support. This willful non payment has been going on for over 5+ years. NCP is not disabled or on any benifits just chooses not to pay support. NCP has has been deemed fit to work.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, the odds are 50/50. Either they will or they won't.

How can you expect a bunch of total strangers on the internet to be able to answer this question? :rolleyes:

nachobaybe

Bazinga!!! Thought someone might have personal experience with the same issue :). I won't rely on anything 100% I'm told on a free legal forum.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I've got close personal experience. How do you intend to PROVE that your the mother of the children has "willfully" failed to pay child support?

(I'm owed well over $150,000 in past-due support from my ex-wife that's been ongoing for well over a decade.)

nachobaybe

Wow and I thought I had problems. I sure hope she is in jail! This
NCP just makes websites saying all the jobs they do then files claiming they are so disabled they can't leave their home. Should be interesting.

mistoffolees

Wow and I thought I had problems. I sure hope she is in jail! This
NCP just makes websites saying all the jobs they do then files claiming they are so disabled they can't leave their home. Should be interesting.
Have you filed with your state child support enforcement agency? If so, what are they telling you?

Or, you could consider hiring a lawyer, although I'd go with the state agency first. It's slower, but less expensive for you.

nachobaybe

Oh yes, it has been filed forever ago. Once in 2005 and again in another state in 2008. Now there is a contempt of court hearing. The NCP keeps firing thier lawyer in attempt to further delay preceedings or maybe out of pure stupidity. At this point it's anyone's guess.

nachobaybe

Wow well if I was the judge she would be! Please at
Least tell me she is a nothing with no assets, no home or bank account and nothing to show for her lifetime. In other words I hope she is a loser that actually lives like a loser and doesn't have someone taking care of her!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">