• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Withholding child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frankie2

What is the name of your state? IL

Is there any reason whatsovever for NCP to withhold child support? I have not received cs in 4 months. I do have a court date, but want to be prepared. Children are living with me 100% of the time. NCP has not been in their lives at all for 5 years.

nextwife

Have you contacted him? Is he ill, hospitalized, in jail, or in some other state that makes him unable to pay? I ask because my father was very suddenly disabled from a brain tumor, and quickly lost his communication ability because of damage to the speech center of the brain.

Do you know that ex is "witholding" vs. ex is ill and not working?

BelizeBreeze

frankie2 said:
What is the name of your state? IL

Is there any reason whatsovever for NCP to withhold child support? I have not received cs in 4 months. I do have a court date, but want to be prepared. Children are living with me 100% of the time. NCP has not been in their lives at all for 5 years.
of course there are.

rmet4nzkx

fairisfair said:
OMG, I wanted to say that soooooooooo bad!!! :eek: ;) :p
You rang?
Sorry, there are 20 thousand cords of wood burning and blanketing the area with smoke so the FA Crystal Ball is tempoarily out of service. However, it seems as if OP might attempt to contact NCP and if no answer search the Social Security Death Index. Now I need to get my mask back on.:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">