• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Woodward Formula

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hikerduke

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
My son and his wife recently completed the initial Mediation action leading to divorce. He feels that the Mediator incorrectly used the Woodward Formula for child support. He receives approximately $2300 monthly Social Security based on long term disability and approximately $800 monthly insurance. The Mediator determined that he pay his wife approximately $750 monthly child support. They will be granted joint custody and approximately equal time for custody of the two young children. If the Mediator included the son's Social Security payments in the Woodward Formula to determine child support payments was it done improperly and/or illegally?

WittyUserName

I don't think you are getting the story accurately; Woodward is a UT case used to divide up retirement assets during a divorce.

I would suggest you have your son Google "Utah Child Support Calculator" and plug in the numbers to see what it says. Utah Courts dot Gov has one that works pretty well, I'm told.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
My son and his wife recently completed the initial Mediation action leading to divorce. He feels that the Mediator incorrectly used the Woodward Formula for child support. He receives approximately $2300 monthly Social Security based on long term disability and approximately $800 monthly insurance. The Mediator determined that he pay his wife approximately $750 monthly child support. They will be granted joint custody and approximately equal time for custody of the two young children. If the Mediator included the son's Social Security payments in the Woodward Formula to determine child support payments was it done improperly and/or illegally?
I'm sure you don't know, since you're a third party. :cool:

Who is receiving the dependent benefits? Is the court considering those benefits to be child support?

But I'm willing to bet that YOU DON'T KNOW, since you are not a party to this matter. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">