+ Reply to Thread
    hikerduke is offline Junior Member

Woodward Formula

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
    My son and his wife recently completed the initial Mediation action leading to divorce. He feels that the Mediator incorrectly used the Woodward Formula for child support. He receives approximately $2300 monthly Social Security based on long term disability and approximately $800 monthly insurance. The Mediator determined that he pay his wife approximately $750 monthly child support. They will be granted joint custody and approximately equal time for custody of the two young children. If the Mediator included the son's Social Security payments in the Woodward Formula to determine child support payments was it done improperly and/or illegally?
    WittyUserName is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you are getting the story accurately; Woodward is a UT case used to divide up retirement assets during a divorce.

I would suggest you have your son Google "Utah Child Support Calculator" and plug in the numbers to see what it says. Utah Courts dot Gov has one that works pretty well, I'm told.
    TheGeekess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerduke View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
    My son and his wife recently completed the initial Mediation action leading to divorce. He feels that the Mediator incorrectly used the Woodward Formula for child support. He receives approximately $2300 monthly Social Security based on long term disability and approximately $800 monthly insurance. The Mediator determined that he pay his wife approximately $750 monthly child support. They will be granted joint custody and approximately equal time for custody of the two young children. If the Mediator included the son's Social Security payments in the Woodward Formula to determine child support payments was it done improperly and/or illegally?
    I'm sure you don't know, since you're a third party.

Who is receiving the dependent benefits? Is the court considering those benefits to be child support?

But I'm willing to bet that YOU DON'T KNOW, since you are not a party to this matter.