• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work Related Child Care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

preciousones

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My husband was ordered to pay child support and half of all medical bills as well as half of work related care. He asked the judge over a year ago to take child care off of wage assignment as the mother kept moving the child to cheaper care and not informing him (so he was overpaying). At that time my husband owed arrears due to miscalculation so the judge denied taking child care from wage assignment. After re calculation it shows he has overpayed almost seven hundered dollars so no arrears are due nor where they ever, it was a mistake.

His former wife now had a new baby by a different man. She is home on maternity leave and does not know if she will return to work. She is still putting child in daycare. Is my husband obligated to pay half of "work related care" when she is on leave? It is the YMCA and there is a fifteen dollar re registration fee and no waiting list so pulling her would not be an issue. Also, when in court last she was over two months pregnant and did not tell the judge or my husband. She told us she was due three months after her actual due date. The judge also asked her to make sure my husband had access to all child's child care records and she refused and he is not allowed unless he is on billing. This is important as his daughter has emotionally issues and he likes to stay informed. Do we have reason to ask for care to come off of wage assignment again and pay it directly ourselves?

One last thing, his daughter was recently diagnosed with ADHD after many emotionally outbursts in class. Mom put her on vitamins and counseling as well as a restricted diet which is wonderful. I am a teacher and I think this is the best approach if it can work. She will put her on meds if this does not work. My husband and I have happily agreed to pay for half of all out of pocket expenses due to the above necessary treatments. The kicker is she wants to get her academic coaching which is 120 per week (half would be 60) that is not necessary and unfortunately we can't even come close to affording half. Is this something that we are obligated by law to pay?

divona2000

...Do we have reason...My husband and I have happily agreed to pay for half...we can't even come close to affording...we are obligated by law to pay?
We are not obligated to pay for anything, but your husband should sign up here, under his own username, and ask his own questions. Believe me, it will be better for him to post his info himself (read the 'Sticky' at the top for new posters).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">