• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working under the table to avoid child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimc524

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I have an ex husband who is supposed to be paying child support. He was on unemployment and it was automatically being taken out. I heard a couple of weeks ago that he got a job working under the table for my neighbors. I think he is not on unemployment anymore, because this morning I did not receive my scheduled child support payment. However, I know that if he is working under the table, I won't be receiving any more child support since the income is not reported. I have the business address of the place he is working at. How and where would I report this?

nextwife

I heard a couple of weeks ago that he got a job working under the table for my neighbors.
I heard the world was going to end in 2012.

"Hearing" isn't the same as being true, or facts. Even if he is seen going into the place of business, it does not PROVE he works there. Lots of people stop at friend's or relatives, or clients place of business. Even regularly, but don't work there.

As stated, you need to prove it. So, how long ago did CS stop?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I have an ex husband who is supposed to be paying child support. He was on unemployment and it was automatically being taken out. I heard a couple of weeks ago that he got a job working under the table for my neighbors. I think he is not on unemployment anymore, because this morning I did not receive my scheduled child support payment. However, I know that if he is working under the table, I won't be receiving any more child support since the income is not reported. I have the business address of the place he is working at. How and where would I report this?
Since the payment is late it could be a problem with the mail. Wait until next week to see if the payment comes in.

If he's working under the table and not reporting it to unemployment, he might still be getting unemployment and this weeks payment is simply late due to the holiday and/or the mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">