+ Reply to Thread
    kimc524 is offline Junior Member

Working under the table to avoid child support

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I have an ex husband who is supposed to be paying child support. He was on unemployment and it was automatically being taken out. I heard a couple of weeks ago that he got a job working under the table for my neighbors. I think he is not on unemployment anymore, because this morning I did not receive my scheduled child support payment. However, I know that if he is working under the table, I won't be receiving any more child support since the income is not reported. I have the business address of the place he is working at. How and where would I report this?
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    The question is can you prove that he's working?
    nextwife is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimc524 View Post
    I heard a couple of weeks ago that he got a job working under the table for my neighbors.
    I heard the world was going to end in 2012.

"Hearing" isn't the same as being true, or facts. Even if he is seen going into the place of business, it does not PROVE he works there. Lots of people stop at friend's or relatives, or clients place of business. Even regularly, but don't work there.

As stated, you need to prove it. So, how long ago did CS stop?
    Gracie3787 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimc524 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I have an ex husband who is supposed to be paying child support. He was on unemployment and it was automatically being taken out. I heard a couple of weeks ago that he got a job working under the table for my neighbors. I think he is not on unemployment anymore, because this morning I did not receive my scheduled child support payment. However, I know that if he is working under the table, I won't be receiving any more child support since the income is not reported. I have the business address of the place he is working at. How and where would I report this?
    Since the payment is late it could be a problem with the mail. Wait until next week to see if the payment comes in.

If he's working under the table and not reporting it to unemployment, he might still be getting unemployment and this weeks payment is simply late due to the holiday and/or the mail.