• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worst Case Scenario

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And the parent would likely have be institutionalized or incarcerated, in all honesty, in this state.

Parents with diagnosed co-existing mental conditions (take schizoaffective disorder, a personality disorder AND bipolar disorder - in the same parent - for example) can retain custody of their children.

Try again, deadbeat.
They cannot terminate her rights based on something she did before the OP impregnated her. Not. Going. To. Happen.

LdiJ

Personally, I am beginning to think that this guy is a troll. I find it hard to believe that someone that makes over 100k a year could be as uneducated as this guy appears to be.

CSO286

Personally, I am beginning to think that this guy is a troll. I find it hard to believe that someone that makes over 100k a year could be as uneducated as this guy appears to be.
Easy to believe....One word: Pipeliners.

DeadBeatDude

So... just wanted to let you know that at first, I was planning to help raise this kid. But then a series of events occurred in which all of my friends and family, my therapist, my mentors have all unanimously told me that getting the mother out of my life permanently is their strongest recommendation. They all say it would be a catastrophe for me to be involved with her going forward and the unanimous wisdom is that I should have nothing to do with this child, even if it is mine. Never before in my life have so many people I trust been so forthcoming in their opinions on what I should do with my own life. Of course, I will pay the support dutifully, and if the child emancipates itself and wants to come live with me then it is welcome to. Just saying for you all... Sometimes the relationship between the parents is such that having them both in the child's life would be wore than just having one. She's already shown how she will use the child against me and for power. It's not my weakness that is the problem. It's that she is a predator, a scam artist, she does this kind of thing (manipulate and destroy men) for a living.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So... just wanted to let you know that at first, I was planning to help raise this kid. But then a series of events occurred in which all of my friends and family, my therapist, my mentors have all unanimously told me that getting the mother out of my life permanently is their strongest recommendation. They all say it would be a catastrophe for me to be involved with her going forward and the unanimous wisdom is that I should have nothing to do with this child, even if it is mine. Never before in my life have so many people I trust been so forthcoming in their opinions on what I should do with my own life. Of course, I will pay the support dutifully, and if the child emancipates itself and wants to come live with me then it is welcome to. Just saying for you all... Sometimes the relationship between the parents is such that having them both in the child's life would be wore than just having one. She's already shown how she will use the child against me and for power. It's not my weakness that is the problem. It's that she is a predator, a scam artist, she does this kind of thing (manipulate and destroy men) for a living.
So you are surrounded by deadbeat individuals. NICE. Glad they are all worthless and want you to walk away from your child. Try never having sex again, okay? It is better for the world if you don't.

CSO286

A lot of people can agree on a course of action... ... ...and still be wrong.

You created a child, and therefore have a duty to said child. Simply meeting your financial obligation is not going to make you a good parent.

And if this Mom is such a terrible person, why would you not want to counter her behavior by being the BEST POSSIBLE parent to this child and give him/her a real chance at future. Even if it mean inconveniencing yourself by being tied to Mom through the child?

By this logic, you are deciding it is better that the child be damaged than you.

Just Blue

Is there any scenario in which I could put the baby up for adoption?

Why? I didn't know she was this way when we had sex. Also, she's a con-artist: This means she is a master of persuasion. She built my confidence in her with lies. I fell for the trap. This means I am gullible and trusting, not that I lack character.

Why the insults?
Because, per you callous postings we, as VOLUNTEERS, don't have to with-hold our opinions.;)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">