• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Deducted Child Support!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

juliahayes

What is the name of your state?:mad: What is the name of your state? Nevada
:eek: I was working for a large corporation in for one-year. Child support payments were being deducted from my paycheck. I left the corporation for three-years. During this time my child support payments had ended. Three weeks ago I returned to the corporation. Instead of submitting “new hire” information to the appropriate agencies, they simply accessed my old information from their database and wrongfully deducted child support! I was not notified of this deduction in any way. Apparently, this will take some time to remedy. Does untimely payroll penalties apply in this circumstance? Can they be held accountable in any way?

nextwife

Wow, that's a new one. The child aged out or emancipated during the absence, huh? I don't think you have any recourse but bugging the agencies to get your refund processed and making sure it does not repeat.

LdiJ

juliahayes said:
What is the name of your state?:mad: What is the name of your state? Nevada
:eek: I was working for a large corporation in for one-year. Child support payments were being deducted from my paycheck. I left the corporation for three-years. During this time my child support payments had ended. Three weeks ago I returned to the corporation. Instead of submitting “new hire” information to the appropriate agencies, they simply accessed my old information from their database and wrongfully deducted child support! I was not notified of this deduction in any way. Apparently, this will take some time to remedy. Does untimely payroll penalties apply in this circumstance? Can they be held accountable in any way?
Your employer might have some liability in this matter. You should certainly bring it to their attention ASAP so that the do not make any further deductions. I assume that you have paperwork stating that the support has ended? Show that to your employer. If you handle it with your employer quickly enough it may help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">