• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

X sending false dr. bill's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zeuss

What is the name of your state?Michigan. Court paperwork filed through MI courts. Son is living with dad in Indiana for school year. Dad has sent me dr. bill's with uninsured amounts that I owe him. Dad is on disability and I have found out he also has my son on Medicaid as secondary because I have him fully insured as primary. Dad also says he is paying $98 a month for insurance premium on my son and I owe him half of that, etc. Dad has sent a nasty letter asking for me to pay the bills etc. how he has had to spend this money he doesn't have to pay them, sent copies to FOC in Mich and SS office in In. I have done some calling and found out that I owe "nothing" to him for uninsured amount that he supposedly paid. All of my son's medical bills were covered at 100%, my insurance first then medicaid picked up what was left. He has my son on Plan "A" medicaid and pays no premium, no co-pays and all bills are fully paid.
I am not sure if there is anything legally that I can do about any of this. Just ignore his letters and phone calls because I know the truth or what? He also owes me $1300 in back child support from before our son went down there for the school year. He says he is not paying that because I owe him for all of these bills. I have had all of the medical places since send me statments where everything is paid by insurance and the balance is "0".What is the name of your state? This is not the first time he has done this over the years. Any suggestions?

rmet4nzkx

You have not given enough information.
What kind of disability is dad on?
What exactly is your custody order?
Are you paying him child support during the school year?
Is this new custody and child support arrangement filed with the courts?
You do understand that he may be billing you for things that may reflect paid by the insurance but you are not privy to what he is paying, such as a deduction from his disability benefit or separate insurance payment etc.

LdiJ

zeuss said:
What is the name of your state?Michigan. Court paperwork filed through MI courts. Son is living with dad in Indiana for school year. Dad has sent me dr. bill's with uninsured amounts that I owe him. Dad is on disability and I have found out he also has my son on Medicaid as secondary because I have him fully insured as primary. Dad also says he is paying $98 a month for insurance premium on my son and I owe him half of that, etc. Dad has sent a nasty letter asking for me to pay the bills etc. how he has had to spend this money he doesn't have to pay them, sent copies to FOC in Mich and SS office in In. I have done some calling and found out that I owe "nothing" to him for uninsured amount that he supposedly paid. All of my son's medical bills were covered at 100%, my insurance first then medicaid picked up what was left. He has my son on Plan "A" medicaid and pays no premium, no co-pays and all bills are fully paid.
I am not sure if there is anything legally that I can do about any of this. Just ignore his letters and phone calls because I know the truth or what? He also owes me $1300 in back child support from before our son went down there for the school year. He says he is not paying that because I owe him for all of these bills. I have had all of the medical places since send me statments where everything is paid by insurance and the balance is "0".What is the name of your state? This is not the first time he has done this over the years. Any suggestions?
Send dad a very businesslike certified letter with photocopies of the statements proving that insurance covered everything. Tell him to stop sending you bills for payments he did not make, and tell him to resume paying the back child support or you will haul him into court for contempt.

zeuss

Dad is on SSD and medicare for his medical bills. My son is on medicaid as his secondary. I have been told by my son's case worker as well as the places that he says I owe money too that there is no premium, no co-pays and that dad has not paid on them so I don't owe him or them. The case worker told me that my son qualifies for full coverage benefit because of the kind of disability income his dad has and other things that she couldn't tell me, confidential. When our son went for the school year his dad had the FOC here do an abatement of child support and told me all he wanted me to do was send our son money once in awhile for spending money and pay my portion of any bills that he might end up having. He said he didn't want child support because he has put me in such a financial mess since he has been disable and hasn't been able to pay his support or share of uninsured for almost two years. Now he was getting $1800 a month for disability and another $320 for our son living there that he just wanted me to send money to our son once in awhile, which I do. I send money, clothes and just bought his yearbook. There has been nothing changed at FOC as far as custody goes but they do know that our son is living there for the school year. Dad told them he only wanted child support stopped while son is there for now.
Again, I have been told by case worker and from the insurance company that covers the medicaid that there are no premiums, no deductibles or co-pays for anyone so I owe nothing. A letter to him won't effect him at all, he will just shoot back a nasty one in return with whatever he can come up with as an excuse and he will have a bunch of them. I guess this is just more of an pain then anything and there is nothing legally that I can do about his fraud?

Zephyr

LdiJ said:
Send dad a very businesslike certified letter with photocopies of the statements proving that insurance covered everything. Tell him to stop sending you bills for payments he did not make, and tell him to resume paying the back child support or you will haul him into court for contempt.

This was good advice, you shouldn't disregard it out of hand because you're feeling defeatist.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">