• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Days To Respond To Publication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mark-Brady

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Hello,

I have been out of the country for 4 months. I just received an email notifying me of publication that was in a business SPAM email. Including was a .jpg image of the publication, and a notice of a hearing which they implied that I had already been served as a sheriff tried to serve me at an apartment I had not lived in since August 2008 (I rent it out, but have 3 locations I live in the States), they sent a package to a friend which I no longer talk to and he signed, and they served an old attorney who I have not used for over a year. I cannot retain counsel fast enough for that 2 day deadline as the guy who usually handles civil issues says he will be back from Europe next week.

This is my first contact of this issue. So I am suppose to make some notice of this and I presently am not in NC but overseas. I will be back in 6 weeks, so what should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">