• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

258e was dismissed and its contingent terms for dismissal were violated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nkopsiaftis

I had a 258e that was filed against me by my ex girlfriend dismissed on 8/24. The judge had me promise in the court that I would cease contact. I relapsed and sent a message to her... I heard my my ex was moving to LA and turns out shes just going for a while, I lacked self control when it came to my ex and had another moment of weakness. I fear that when she comes back she is going to refile as she is vindictive and hates me. I'm sure she will file again based on that text and its violation of the promise I made in court to cease all contact.

My question is can I try to speak with the judge prior to any of this happening? It is illegal to contact a judge about a pending case but what about one which was already dismissed. My hope is that if I can let the judge know I did this and why I did it there might be some leniency when it comes to court again... Is there anything I can do about this situation as a preventative measure? Is it even possible to speak privately with a judge?

Opinions appreciated.

quincy

I had a 258e that was filed against me by my ex girlfriend dismissed on 8/24. The judge had me promise in the court that I would cease contact. I relapsed and sent a message to her... I heard my my ex was moving to LA and turns out shes just going for a while, I lacked self control when it came to my ex and had another moment of weakness. I fear that when she comes back she is going to refile as she is vindictive and hates me. I'm sure she will file again based on that text and its violation of the promise I made in court to cease all contact.

My question is can I try to speak with the judge prior to any of this happening? It is illegal to contact a judge about a pending case but what about one which was already dismissed. My hope is that if I can let the judge know I did this and why I did it there might be some leniency when it comes to court again... Is there anything I can do about this situation as a preventative measure? Is it even possible to speak privately with a judge?

Opinions appreciated.
What is the name of your state, nkopsiaftis? Massachusetts?

My recommendation is that, starting now, you take seriously the judge's recommendation to cease all contact with your ex-girlfriend.

If you lack self control again, you are more likely to have a permanent restraining order issued against you and, if you violate a restraining order, you can be arrested.

There is no other "preventive measure" to take. You need to avoid all contact with your ex-girlfriend. Period. You cannot contact the judge to privately discuss your "moment of weakness."

Your only hope for leniency from the judge, should your ex-girlfriend return to court for a protection order, is to show you are no longer harassing your ex-girlfriend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">