• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

acceptance of service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evilsorcerer1

What steps do I take if the other party does not agree to accept service (Mohave County, AZ Superior Court)? Not that it happened to me, but I'm checking in advance so I'll know what to do.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What steps do I take if the other party does not agree to accept service (Mohave County, AZ Superior Court)? Not that it happened to me, but I'm checking in advance so I'll know what to do.
One doesn't have to "accept" service.

evilsorcerer1

letter of acceptance

After I wrote this post I found this statement in the Maricopa County form for serving a letter of acceptance: I have also enclosed an “Acceptance of Service” form. Sign this form in front of a Notary Public and return it to me in the self-addressed stamped envelope. This does not affect your right to object to or to disagree with the request that has been filed. If you choose to not sign the “Acceptance,” you may be charged for any extra costs required to serve the papers by other means (Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure 4.1(c)). Signing the “Acceptance” will save you the cost of hiring a process server or the sheriff to serve the papers. So if the letter of acceptance isn't signed apparently there are other means of serving the summons.

Silverplum

After I wrote this post I found this statement in the Maricopa County form for serving a letter of acceptance: I have also enclosed an “Acceptance of Service” form. Sign this form in front of a Notary Public and return it to me in the self-addressed stamped envelope. This does not affect your right to object to or to disagree with the request that has been filed. If you choose to not sign the “Acceptance,” you may be charged for any extra costs required to serve the papers by other means (Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure 4.1(c)). Signing the “Acceptance” will save you the cost of hiring a process server or the sheriff to serve the papers. So if the letter of acceptance isn't signed apparently there are other means of serving the summons.
In other words, you read and learned instead of one of us looking it up for you. Excellent! :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Did this answer your question? Because it doesn't answer the question you asked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">