• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I going to go to jail? Probation? Or restraining order? Or what

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sadness05

What is the name of your state? MA

Hi all,

I urgently need help on the following, please:

Well, there is this girl that I know, we worked for 5 months together and we were very close friends. Afterwords, she quit from her job because she stole $920 while being on probation from one girl that works with us. Anyway, I tried to help that girl not go to jail by telling the girl that got her money stolen from not to press chargers against her because she is 20 years old and don't want her to lose her future and also because we were close friends. Anyway, that girl gave the money that she stole to the police officer and now everything is done, so the police officer did not write a note to the girl's probation officer.

I went to see the girl that stole the money and talk to her outside of her work in the parking lot because I wanted to help her and because we were friends after she quit and everything was cool. Afterwords, she said that she does not want to talk to me, so when she got out of her work, I tried to find out why she does not want to talk to me, but she just kept on screaming, so she wented to go into her car, but I kind of held the door so she can't shut it. Afterwords, I followed her to her friend's house. So, on Wednesday, the same day, she went to the police station and pressed charges against me and said that I stalked her. So, on Thursday at night, the police officer called me to go down there to the station, he said that I can't go anymore near that girl because she said that I was stalking her and he said that if I went there to her work on that day, which as Thursday, I would have been arrested right now, but thank God I didn't. (on that day Thursday, I called the girl and told her that I wish her luck in her life and that this is going to be the last time I will call her or talk to her, that was around 1 oclock in the afternoon before I knew that she pressed charges against me, the police called me at night on that day).

(Bear in mind that I have NO criminal history, I have never been involved with the police before, NEVER EVER, but SHE did drugs, robbery, wrecked some girl's car and now she stole money while being on probation). I really tried to help her because everything she went through and we were friends. Oh, and two weeks before that happened, she said that we can be friends and that I can call her.

Last week, I got the letter in the mail that says I have to appear in court next week.

I have been charged with

1. Assault (don't know why)
2. Harassment (criminal)
3. telephone calls, annoying

Next to each charge, it says that the penalty is 2 and half years of imprisonment or 1000 fine)

What do you think is gonna happen? Probation? Restraining order? Or what? I live in MA

Your help is highly appreciated

Thanks

BelizeBreeze

And what part of "STAY AWAY FROM HER" did you not understand?

You can be charged with stalking, harrassment and a few other things for being stupid.

STOP contacting her and contact an attorney.

Sadness05

On that day, when I went there, I went there believing we are friends because she said I can call her and talk to her, so when I got there, she said she does not want to talk to me, so I tired to talk to her because I know she needs help because she stole some money while being on probation.

After the police officer told me to stay away from her, I never went to see her again, but I got the letter that says that I have been charged with what I mentioned above.

Does it sound bad?

BelizeBreeze

Sadness05 said:
On that day, when I went there, I went there believing we are friends because she said I can call her and talk to her, so when I got there, she said she does not want to talk to me, so I tired to talk to her because I know she needs help because she stole some money while being on probation.

After the police officer told me to stay away from her, I never went to see her again, but I got the letter that says that I have been charged with what I mentioned above.

Does it sound bad?
It doesn't matter what you believe. YOu stay away from her.
All you can do is tell the judge that once notified you have never contacted her again and will not, then FOLLOW THROUGH.

As for sounding bad, I'm not going to comment on that. It's perception.

JETX

Sadness05 said:
WWhat do you think is gonna happen? Probation? Restraining order? Or what?
We have submitted your questions to the world reknowned internet psychic, Madam Tashia, and though she is currently channeling on a vacation (something about ancient Roman gods!!), we will let you know when she returns and has an answer to your questions.

Happy Trails

QUOTE:
Afterwords, she said that she does not want to talk to me, so when she got out of her work, I tried to find out why she does not want to talk to me.
UNQUOTE

She evidently didn't make herself clear enough for you to understand. :rolleyes:

QUOTE:
I went there believing we are friends because she said I can call her and talk to her. UNQUOTE

Just a FYI, When a girl says this, it means--- we're done, leave me alone, move on with your life, I'm moving on with mine (without you).........

Last edited:

Sadness05

Happy Trails,

I tired to find out why she does not want to talk to me because we were friends and because I know she needs help since she violated her probation. I never thought she would press charges against me. I helped to keep her out of jail and now this is how she repays me.

Yes, as I said, I went there that day because she said I can call her and talk to her, so when she said she does not want to talk to me, I tried to talk to her because I know she needs help. I never thought she would do that to me, but from now on, I don't want to see her or talk to her anymore.

Happy Trails

Sadness05 said:
Happy Trails,

I tired to find out why she does not want to talk to me because we were friends and because I know she needs help since she violated her probation. I never thought she would press charges against me. I helped to keep her out of jail and now this is how she repays me.

Yes, as I said, I went there that day because she said I can call her and talk to her, ***This is where you put in the FYI information I provided in the previous post. so when she said she does not want to talk to me, ***She meant she did not want to talk to you and she didn't want you to talk to her. I tried to talk to her because I know she needs help. ***She doesn't want your help. I never thought she would do that to me, but from now on, I don't want to see her or talk to her anymore.
Good, now you understand. Had you understood that prior to your actions, you would not be looking at these charges. Just because she broke your heart doesn't mean you can break the law.

Sadness05

Happy Trails said:
Good, now you understand. Had you understood that prior to your actions, you would not be looking at these charges. Just because she broke your heart doesn't mean you can break the law.
She did not break my heart, we were only friends and I tried to be there for her as a friend.

As I said, I kept her out of jail and she knows that.

Anyway, do you think it sounds dangerous? Will I be on probation? Restraining order? Or the charges will be dropped? I know no one knows what's gonna happen, but what you think will happen?

S

seniorjudge

Sadness05 said:
What is the name of your state? MA

Hi all,

I urgently need help on the following, please:

Well, there is this girl that I know, we worked for 5 months together and we were very close friends. Afterwords, she quit from her job because she stole $920 while being on probation from one girl that works with us. Anyway, I tried to help that girl not go to jail by telling the girl that got her money stolen from not to press chargers against her because she is 20 years old and don't want her to lose her future and also because we were close friends. Anyway, that girl gave the money that she stole to the police officer and now everything is done, so the police officer did not write a note to the girl's probation officer.

I went to see the girl that stole the money and talk to her outside of her work in the parking lot because I wanted to help her and because we were friends after she quit and everything was cool. Afterwords, she said that she does not want to talk to me, so when she got out of her work, I tried to find out why she does not want to talk to me, but she just kept on screaming, so she wented to go into her car, but I kind of held the door so she can't shut it. Afterwords, I followed her to her friend's house. So, on Wednesday, the same day, she went to the police station and pressed charges against me and said that I stalked her. So, on Thursday at night, the police officer called me to go down there to the station, he said that I can't go anymore near that girl because she said that I was stalking her and he said that if I went there to her work on that day, which as Thursday, I would have been arrested right now, but thank God I didn't. (on that day Thursday, I called the girl and told her that I wish her luck in her life and that this is going to be the last time I will call her or talk to her, that was around 1 oclock in the afternoon before I knew that she pressed charges against me, the police called me at night on that day).

(Bear in mind that I have NO criminal history, I have never been involved with the police before, NEVER EVER, but SHE did drugs, robbery, wrecked some girl's car and now she stole money while being on probation). I really tried to help her because everything she went through and we were friends. Oh, and two weeks before that happened, she said that we can be friends and that I can call her.

Last week, I got the letter in the mail that says I have to appear in court next week.

I have been charged with

1. Assault (don't know why)
2. Harassment (criminal)
3. telephone calls, annoying

Next to each charge, it says that the penalty is 2 and half years of imprisonment or 1000 fine)

What do you think is gonna happen? Probation? Restraining order? Or what? I live in MA

Your help is highly appreciated

Thanks

The assault probably happened when you wouldn't let her get in her car.

In any event, stay away from this woman and have no more contact with her.

I have no idea what is going to happen to you, but if you contact her now in any way, shape, or form, you will be sunk for sure.

Happy Trails

Sadness05 said:
She did not break my heart, we were only friends and I tried to be there for her as a friend.

As I said, I kept her out of jail and she knows that.

Anyway, do you think it sounds dangerous? Will I be on probation? Restraining order? Or the charges will be dropped? I know no one knows what's gonna happen, but what you think will happen?
You don't need friends like that. Stay away from girls that have a bad reputation.

SJ is right it's hard to say exactly what will happen. Could be anyone of the things you mentioned. I wasn't there and I haven't read the reports. There are always two sides to every story.

One thing is for sure, DO NOT CALL HER, DO NOT GO AND SEE HER and DO NOT TRY TO GET A MESSAGE TO HER.

Forget she ever existed, or there will be nothing but further trouble.

badapple40

If I were you, I would:

A) Stay away from her
B) Show up at the hearing
C) Hire Counsel

and

D) Talk to the other friend and have her go forward with filing charges. This person obviously doesn't appreciate the help you tried to give her. Sometimes the best defense is an offense.

Sadness05

Thanks seniorjudge for your reply! I know I'm not gonna go near her again.

Happy Trails,

According to the the police officer she said she was "petrified," and that she told me to stay away from her, but I did not, so that is her side of the story.

badapple40,

Yea, I'm gonna show up at the hearing and I'm not gonna contact her anymore.

I don't think that I should tell the girl to press charges against her because I really feel sorry for her, so I think I'm gonna let it go at that even though she pressed charges against me, but I will NEVER forgive her for pressing charges against me.

When, I go to the hearing, I'm gonna plead "not guilty."

Does anyone know what will happen once the judge know that she violated her probation?

S

seniorjudge

Q: Does anyone know what will happen once the judge know that she violated her probation?

A: No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">