• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i safe?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myworld29t

What is the name of your state?tx
I was supposed to go to trial, but i did not know the law and sent a letter to the court, i did not go to court before, good record, dont remember being in a problem with the law, so i thought that if i read the info on the back of a ticket, i got it for hitting the break too hard trying avoiding speeding in a 20mph limit zone. the cop pulled me over asking me why i braked so hard and slowing down? i said i did not stop, just went slower pretty fast, and the cop said if i was under the influence of something, and i said no, he tested me and i was ok. so i got a ticket because i was supposed to drive 20 before i entered the zone of 20mph; i noticed the zone only when it flashed by my eyes, i was busy with my eyes cause the wind threw dust in my eyes cause my car is a convertible corvette and it was open from the top. I dont want to go to jail like my co workers jokingly said, cause maybe my papers that i sent to set another time did not get in time for court the next week, and i missed the court date, but sent the proper papers in the mail a week prior.
What if the mail got lost and never got to the court, do i lose my drivers lisense and go to jail? am i a criminal, do i turn my self in or just wait for some one to call me?

myworld29t

oh one more thing

the ticket did not have a number for the amount of the ticket, i dont remember seeing one, maybe the police officer forgot or its just implied that i pay x amounts of money depending on how much i am wrong.do you know how much it is to drive 35 and then brake fast into a 20mph zone with flashing lights on the poles?i was like 17mph when i entered the slow zone, i remember looking at the speed stick, it was moving shakingly though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">