• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annoying neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anny

What kind of form and term do i need to file suit against my neighbor for having a street light in their yard which covers our land as well disturbing our kids from sleep not to mention we live in the country we like our darkness thats why we live out here, so If they are so afraid of the dark fine but why do we have to be grouped into their fear. We have asked them to either take it down or at least move it down where it only covers their land We have even asked the mayor to help us and they are just plain being mean. So please tell me what do do?

Thank You

G

GaGirl

I was in a situation like yours a couple of months ago. My neighbor was PURPOSELY directing her light onto my property...just to be a pain in the butt. I met with an Attorney here in Georgia and asked what we could do to have the lights redirected or turned off. He called our local Code Enforcement office and they gave her 20 days to move the lights or turn them off. You may want to video the light if possible...Code Enforcement officers do not work at night. Best of luck to you.

N

No lo wanna go

A streetlight is bothering you????

Code enforcement is your only hope....if there is such a code in your area. Otherwise...move.

G

GaGirl

Just to clarify something.....My neighbor had flood lights directed on my house. Not a street light. Code may not be able to help in a situation involving a street light. Georgia code states you must maintain your lights in a manner that they do not disturb people or roadways. Check the Code for your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">