• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeal suspension of PA License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjkline83

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

In July, I was cited for speeding. At the time, I didn't have a job so I was unable to pay the fine. Additionally, the ticket was written to "Jason Kline Curtis", whereas my legal name is "Curtis Jason Kline". I thought maybe I might stand a chance to get the charge thrown out due to an error on the officer's part. After all, how can you enforce the law if you can't properly read a license? As a result of failing to pay the fine, my license was suspended until the fine was paid.

Recently, I was driving to work and was cited for driving on a suspended license. PennDOT promptly mailed me out a notice stating my license woudl be suspended for a period of one year beginning 2/2/2005. In order to appeal, I must do so through the court of common pleas.

Can you offer me any advice regarding the appeal process? I'm considering hiriing an attorney, but I do not have that much money to spare. I'm a college student basically living paycheck to paycheck. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">