• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assaulted in the Classroom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knwocha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Maryland

I was assaulted by a student whom I ask to leave my classroom. The blow I suffered on my head gave me a concoction and I was out of work for 5 weeks! Although my medical expenses were covered by workman's comp, nothing was done to ameliorate the pains, suffering and trauma I undergone within those 5 treacherous weeks! Even my wife took 2 straight weeks off from work to cater for me. Nothing was said to pay for this time loss!
The school district I work for has expelled this student since March 12, 2008, when this incident happened. The judge representing my school system further placed the student on a 3-month in-house arrest with monitoring device. But who will pay for all the trauma, pains and aches I had to put up with for entire time? This student need to learn that actions have consequences and it is time that he paid for all negative emotions he put me through. What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ozark_Sophist

Talk to a personal injury attorney in your area about the possiblity of filing a civil suit against the child's parents/child.

How old was the assailant?

quincy

I am betting it was the "concoction" that made him lose all spelling and grammar skills. . . .

Rexlan

Holy chit ... how in the world could this person actually be a teacher!

Maybe OP will invest the big score from his lawsuit in the three "R's".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">