• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chicagoillinois

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I live in Missouri but I am named as a tort feasor in a law suit in Kansas. What assets can be touched if any since me and my husband are both listed on our assets?

S

seniorjudge

I am assuming you have been sued in a lawsuit. Is your husband named also?

S

seniorjudge

Generally, jointly held assets are not subject to a judgment creditor's actions in Missouri.

You really need to consult a Missouri attorney because there are a lot of qualifications to that general principle. You need a lawyer to defend you in the lawsuit.

chicagoillinois

I do have an attorney and he advised that it was a good thing that we both jointly own our assets. Also, I am the only one who hired an attorney out of the other four that were named in the lawsuit. They now have a default judgement against them. What will happen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">