• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assistance filing Change of Venue under Indiana Trial Rule 76 or other Rule(s)?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quan-dary

What is the name of your state? Indiana Circuit Court

From my previous thread:

Greetings all!

I'm in a small town where the legal community is very close knit, you know, all the judges know the attorneys by first name, etc., etc. I'm appearing pro se as a plaintiff and defendant's counsel is playing the motions/paper game with me... so far, it's been more annoying than anything else as well as running out of printer ink. :)

The judge has had no problem ruling on defendant's counsel's motions, either through immediate decision or delaying the decision till trial. What's got me stumped right now is how to handle the delay of the judge in ruling on a motion of mine. It's real judicial partiality to local counsel if you ask me.
Well, now I am "officially" disgusted with the preferential treatment accorded the local "hotshot" counsel regarding a recent motion - the judge allowing them to ignore local as well as state Rules regarding Discovery. Since a change of judge would entail the same issue in our small town, I'm looking to change venue to another county.

Does anyone have any experience with this and willing to provide some advice?

Thank you in advance.

tranquility

You have not described anything which would make a change of venue denial seem a lack of discretion. Make the motion if you want, but you will be sure to cheese off the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">