• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Failed to Submit Documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patticakes

I filed a complaint with EEOC regarding equal pay, gender discrimination. My employer removed me from my job of 16 years, gave the job to man with less qualifications...made me his assistant. I filed an additional complaint with EEOC regarding retaliation. EEOC ruled in my favor and gave me a right to sue. Hired an attorney who, from what I can tell in copies of documents he filed, failed to submit the determination to the courts and failed to authentic any other evidence ( I had 17 boxes with signed witness statements) The District Court and an appeal to Circuit Court were denied and I was ordered to pay my employers appeal costs. Now that this has happened, do I have any other alternative to .......hire a different attorney, appeal the ruling and provide the evidence ??? What alternatives do I have ?? BTW...I'm in Texas.

D

DocNtheBox

HELLO TEXAS!

In a word, Malfeasance. Take that to your next atty. consult. And good luck with your
appeal, it will be worth it in the end.
Peace
Doc

P

patticakes

Thanks Doc. I have consulted a different attorney and have been advised I cannot appeal this since the Circuit Court has ruled. Well....I can appeal but the documentation he failed to provide cannot be provided in the appeal. We can only submit what was submitted previously.......it's a real bummer, to say the least. I have no idea why he wouldn't submit the EEOC ruling but I'm not well versed in the legal field. I just had to trust him to do what he thought was right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">