• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attorney removed himself from case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pennfamily1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ms

at our court trial today our attorney presented us with a deal the plaintiff wanted. we declined the deal as it was not in our best interest. The attorney then removed himself from our case to the judge. The judge then said we would have to represent ourselves or take the deal. we asked to postpone court until we could hire another attorney and she refused. so we accepted the deal. this suit is between family and we honestly believe our attorney was bought out.
we asked the attorney instead of settling we wanted to go before the judge and let her decide and he said "no way"
He never let us present our evidence to him and always said it didn't matter what we had as proof.
Is there anything we can do?????

pennfamily1

The plantiff is an uncle the defendants are myself, my sister, and my brother.
when our grandparents died they deeded us some land that he says was a mistake and was meant to be his.
well, before this suit, we used said land for horse, mobile home etc, because we thought we were the owners. he sued us for the land and damage to land, and all attny costs.
In court today, our attny offered us a deal... sign the land over to him and transfer the rest of the charges to circuit court for a later date.
we said no... we offered to give him the land and he drop everything else. he said no. so we told our lawyer, just let the judge decide and the lawyer refused to let it go that far. that's when he removed himself.
This is small town politics where all the lawyers and judges know each other.

Silverplum

This is small town politics where all the lawyers and judges know each other.
Just so you know: in large cities, the lawyers and judges know each other, also. They work together in the same place at the same time. Doesn't mean they are all corrupt and evil. It means they work together.

pennfamily1

when i say "know" each other... i mean they eat together, do activities together.
If you are not going to offer helpful advice, why post?

Silverplum

when i say "know" each other... i mean they eat together, do activities together.
I don't know about you, but I tend to eat with people I know and do activities with people I know.

Sometimes, on the putt-putt course, you might end up standing next to someone you don't know. But you could always run quickly away, I suppose.
pennfamily1 said:
If you are not going to offer helpful advice, why post?
:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">