• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dimples01

What is the name of your state? California is the name of my state.
Approximately a year ago I traded in my vehicle and put some money down on another vehicle at a dealership. I needed a co signer and at the time my boyfriend co signed for me. We broke up about a year ago and I have been paying my car payments. I called him to let him know that I couldn't afford the car anymore annd he told me to give him the car because he knew someone that would buy it from him. I told him that he didn't put one penny
in the car and I wanted some money if he sold the car. He said no and I told him that I would call him back. That was the end of the conversation. I need some advice, please.

racer72

I am going to side with your ex. Depending on how much you still owe and the value of the car, there is the possibility that there would be very little or no money left over. Plus he has had liability for the loan amount without benefit. And legally, once you default on the loan, he has the legal right to the property so he can lessen his financial impact.

tijerin

You could sell it yourself and pocket any equity you may have. Other than that course of action, I'd have to side with racer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">