• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back wages owed by bankrupt employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mbischak

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? New Jersey
In 2001 I filed a law suit for unpayed overtime wages against my employer, Garden State Paper Co. GSP was a subsidiary of ENRON. When ENRON went bankrupt, GSP followed and shut down manufacturing. Since my suit predated the bankruptcies, does it have any special standing if and when the assets of GSP are distributed to creditors?

racer72

You will be one of many unsecured creditors. Do not be surprised when your case date arrives, the defendant asks for and receives a dismissal of the case. They will claim there are no finances or property to pay a judgement. This has already happened to many former employees of Enron and its subsidaries. Even if you do obtain a judgement it will be almost impossible to collect. You will be at the very bottom of the creditor chain. You will have no special standing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">