• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank suing me for vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knottyhead25

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
A bank want to take me to court for money owed on a vehicle.I sold a vehicle to a neighbor he passes away a fem moths later, i got a letter in the mail saying that I owe current taxes on the vehicle. The neighbor never took the vehicle out of my name. I went to DMV and the me the title to the vehicle with my name still on it with no liens. So, I sold the vehicle, and now the bank is saying that I owe them money.

acmb05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
A bank want to take me to court for money owed on a vehicle.I sold a vehicle to a neighbor he passes away a fem moths later, i got a letter in the mail saying that I owe current taxes on the vehicle. The neighbor never took the vehicle out of my name. I went to DMV and the me the title to the vehicle with my name still on it with no liens. So, I sold the vehicle, and now the bank is saying that I owe them money.
If there are no liens on it then why does the bank say you owe money?

Rexlan

Because you did not pay for it yet.

The taxes are also yours to pay because you owned the vehicle on January 1st of this year as well.

Lucky you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">