• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued for the same claim twice; being harassed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Puterjudi

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I have been acting as Pro-Se in a Civil Proceedings for special civil. I was sued by an ex personal friend for dental services I paid him for according to our verbal agreement in full. Between the insurance and my own payments, I paid him 18,000 in 4 years with a 20% discount. He is now suing me for the full amount. The first law suit claiming me and my ex was for $2000. They voluntarily dismissed the case only to re sue me for $5000 without my ex on the very same claim. I put in a motion to vacate the dismissal and was recently denied. The bills were for my family of 5 including my ex at the time we were married.
I want to consolidate the claims if I can, counterclaim my ex to be part of this new law suit and also sue for harassment. With this dentist, it has nothing to do with the money anymore. He is on his 5th attorney and has spent much more than the $2000 orignally claimed. I tried to negotiate with him before all of this started, but the dentist would not.
Can he now sue me alone for bills that included the responsibility of my ex since it was for bills for all 5 of us? How can I now sue for harassment.
I can't believe the judge denied the vacate. It was plainly seen that the claims were exactly the same except for the amount being sued for. I am well documented and believe he is paid in full.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">