• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Sued for the same thing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MGFarring203

Is there a difference between a proposed order and a contract?

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Maryland

I was involved in a neighbor dispute and have been through civil court as a defendant. There was an order put into place (court order). My neighbor took me to court saying that I was in contempt of the order. She did not win. I have moved to another county to get away from this woman. A few months later, I was just served with papers from the new county in which I live, that she is suing me in civil court (small claims)for a breech of the agreement. Can she sue again for the same thing that was already decided, but in another county?
Please help, it has been 4 years of this person harrassing me through the courts?
Feels Helpless

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

Res judicata (from "res iudicata", Latin for "a thing decided"), more commonly res judicata in legal usage, is a common law doctrine meant to bar relitigation of cases between the same parties in court.

When you answer simply move to dismiss on the above grounds and include the findings of the previous court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">