• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bench warrant issued-should I enforce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daffan

What is the name of your state? california
An order for a bench warrant was isued for the defendants in my case on Monday. I know I have to present the order to the sheriff but can't find any other info on the procedure.

1. Do I need anything but the order? I also put together descriptions of the defendants and info I have to help the sheriff track them down. They are in hiding.

2.Is there a time limit on when I have to get the order enforced?

I have sent request for admissions to one of the defendants and time's up so a hearing is scheduled for mid-April. I sent a second set of admissions (with a declaration) and a first set of declarations to the other defendant but they still have time on those. Then I want to name two new defendants once the admissions are deemed admitted.

3. Should I wait for the admissions to get deemed admitted before having the bench warrant enforced? The bench warrant is for contempt for ignoring an order to answer interrogatories. As of now, the defendants aren't answering anything and I wonder if I want to first secure requested admissions before the bench warrant. I am going to have the bench warrant enforced. No doubt about it. These folks are crooks.

4. Also, the court order also includes $1000 to be paid to me by MArch 25, 2005. Do I need to send notice to the defendant? In other words, this is not a motion. I see no instructions on notifying them about a court order re contempt that includes a bench warrant. But since this order also includes fines and a due date, don't they need to know? Does the sheriff do this?
Help

Thank for any help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">