• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blowing up tannerite in the middle of the night

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

sounds fun but if it violates a noise ordinance it is likely to be the basis for a visit from your friendly neighborhood texas lawman..

justalayman

maybe but since I can get tannerite at my local farm store, it could be just a couple kids doing things that end up affecting their ability to perform math. When you lose digits and it requires counting on your fingers to ad 2 and 2, well, I guess since it is Texas, sandals would be appropriate more of the year than in my area.

quincy

I'm betting that someone is being sued for something, seeing as how this is in the civil litigation section of the forum (although I do realize that placement of threads on this forum can be rather random at times :)).

Sheri Blackburn, you can use the "reply to thread" to provide us with details of the Tannerite explosions occurring in the middle of the night. The "preview post" feature on this site malfunctions on a regular basis, deleting the content of posts upon submission. I imagine that is why your post disappeared.

Thank you for already providing the name of your State and County. These can be helpful when we try to help you.

Sheri Blackburn

It is not kids. It is not stolen. It is a tweeting drinking full grown man, who is doing it to pkiss off the neighbors. The sheriff is there every time we call. It is shaking my house and knocking things off my walls and short of a war I need legal advice not funny crap comments.

Silverplum

It is not kids. It is not stolen. It is a tweeting drinking full grown man, who is doing it to pkiss off the neighbors. The sheriff is there every time we call. It is shaking my house and knocking things off my walls and short of a war I need legal advice not funny crap comments.
How gracious of you.

Sheri Blackburn

I live with my 83 yr old mother in a subdivision, 10 acre lots. Our neighbor of 1 year or so has been causing problems since he moved in. Clearing the fence line and pushing the limbs on our fence and busting a post. Then comes the war zone in the middle of the night. Now he has lined his road frontage with fire alarms and put a video camera at the corner to film who comes down the private road. I'm at my wits end and the sheriff can only talk to him, because it is not illegal.

Last edited:

justalayman

I live with my 83 yr old mother in a subdivision, 10 acre lots. Our neighbor of 1 year or so has been causing problems since he moved in. Clearing the fence line and pushing the limbs on our fence and busting a post. Then comes the war zone in the middle of the night. Now he has lined his road frontage with fire alarms and put a video camera at the corner to film who comes down the private road. I'm at my wits end and the sheriff can only talk to him, because it is not illegal.
nothing improper about the video camera. To the rest:

do you have noise ordinances in your area?

Did you do anything about the broken fence post like report it to the police or sue him for the damages?

sometimes, in areas that do not have specific noise ordinances, situations like yours can be very problematic since it is difficult to find a law that makes any activity illegal.

I read too quickly and missed this the first time:

and the sheriff can only talk to him, because it is not illegal.
so if his actions are not illegal, just what do you want anybody to do? I understand it is one Hell of a nuisance but if the Sheriff can't do anything, then he can't.

About the only thing I can think of quickly is nuisance laws or ordinances. Some areas have common nuisance laws but in those that don't, sometimes it can be dealt with on a civil law basis. Without reviewing the ordinances in your area, there isn't a lot to say. Sometimes the best advice is; see an attorney in your area.

quincy

Please be polite to the volunteers on this site, Sheri Blackburn. We are not the ones who are exploding tannerite in your neighborhood and, if you want some FREE assistance, you should be grateful that anyone at all is interested enough in your concerns to address them.

That said, I agree with justalayman. If the sheriff says no law has been broken, that probably means you have little legal recourse available (although, also as noted by justalayman, you could have sued over the damage to your post if you had thought to do it at the time).

What might intimidate the fellow a bit (or make him angry and make his nightly-explosions increase as a result - no way to tell in advance) is to have an attorney draft a cease and desist letter, threatening the fellow with all sorts of unnamed legal actions if he does not cease and desist his bothersome activities. The letter means nothing legally and, if he calls your bluff and ignores the letter, well, that eliminates the cease and desist solution and you might be left with an "earplug and grit your teeth" solution.

Sometimes the law can't fix every problem that arises even when it seems like there should be a law against it.

Good luck.

eerelations

Well if you'd provided the required information before anyone responded, you wouldn't have got any "funny crap comments" from the legal experts here.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
If items in Sheri's house were damaged as a result of the explosions, it would be reasonable for her to pursue her neighbor (small claims? insurance) for t hat, wouldn't it?

Since usually if your actions cause damage to someone else's property, you're responsible.

Also, while it is *currently* not against the law, Sheri is free to learn more about government in her area and what the process is to enact legislation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">