• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bought car with engine not paid for by seller

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sharslaught

West Virginia

My son, age 16, bought a 1971 Mustang Mach 1 over a year ago from an individual. For that entire time he has repaired and rebuilt the car and engine. The engine that was in the car was a rebuilt Cleveland 451 (I think that's the size) Anyway, my son got a call from the guy he bought it from and he told my son that the man who repaired the engine for him was suing him (seller) for non payment of the repairs. I do not know if the suit is for repairs or the engine itself. My son is unsure. Not sure why he is being taken to court. My son has the car and has done extensive repairs on the engine (practically rebuilt it) for over year.

To what extent is my son involved in this sellers lawsuit for the engine? He is scared to death and I don't know how to find out about the suit since we are not the ones being sued. Does he have to appear in court with the seller? To what extent is he (we) liable? The seller keeps calling him to tell him the court dates. Any help you can give would be greaty appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">