• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KSTREGE

What is the name of your state? WI

I completed a three year vehicle lease. I dropped the vehicle at the dealership for a post lease inspection after which I would make the decision to purchase it or return it. Both options are available to me in the lease contract. They sold the vehicle without contacting me, without me signing over the title, without me releasing the vehicle in any way and without me completeing a vehicle odometer statement as required by statute. There was a lot of confusion at the dealership at the time with over 50 lease returns and a large turnover in personnel. I did not pursue the matter at the time because of a cost/benefit disparity. It's a year later now and they have sued me for excess mileage and won a judgement based on the mileage only. Now that I have lost $5,000 on the judgement the cost/benefit situation has changed dramatically. Can I now sue them for breach of contract in mistakingly selling the vehicle prior to offering it for sale to me and selling it without my authorization? I never did sign the title over to anyone or sign any paperwork releasing it. I honestly believe they just made an honest mistake in selling the vehicle but that mistake has now cost me a great deal of money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">