• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of fiduciary duty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

isadora

I am looking for references to legal cases that involve breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty involving two closely related businesses. I am currently the plaintiff (Californai) in such a case where Company A and Company B had interlocking corporate officers and boards of directors. Any sugestions would be most welcome.

Thank you,
Isadora

C

counsel

You haven't provided enough details. What are the allegations of the case? What was the conduct that was unlawful?

I

isadora

I am the minority shareholder in Company A (25%) and I am alleging breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract breach, as I was also an employee of the company and was not paid my accrued salary and a note.

Compay B was formed by the chairman of the board of directors of company A. He loaded the board of directors of company A with his friends who were also officers and directors of Company B. These individuals used the facilities of Company A to raise funds for Company B, actively devalued Company A, then loaned money to company A. When Company A was on the brink of going out of buseinss, Company B made an offer to acquire Company A for the amount that had already been loaned. Since the majority of the directors of company A were officers and directors of Company B, there appeared to be a conspiracy to devalue company A and acquire its assets, mainly technology, for a song. I would like to see some case law that has dealt with these issues.

Isadora

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">