• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business legitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mramakrishna

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Here is the story we were married for 3 years now when she was 19 years old (now 24) in India her dad took a loan of 6 lacks from some one and gave a checks signed by my wife towards her dad with no date in it and payed the interest for 3 years..now her dads business is in great loss and he did not pay the interest for 3 months...now the daughter of loan guy who is a doctor lives here in Atlanta ...she was threatening my wife saying she will sue her here if we don't pay the amount to her ..when she really doesn't know what was going on ...when she called home she came to know that she was involved...can she really sue my wife on behalf of there dad ..she was saying that she got power of attorney from there dad ..i was being nice and told her i would pay in couple pf months even thought i was not involved but she insist on payment in a week...can we sue her as an harassment as i was no way related to the matter..she calls me at work all the time and ask for the updates

Rexlan

Tell her to leave you alone or you will report her to the police and try to have her arrested. You have no obligation to pay anything.

mramakrishna

Business Legitation

Thanks for the response...can she sue my wife when all the deal and deed was done in India ..and more over she was no way directly involved with my wife..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">