• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can defendant file interrogatories after plaintiff serves notice of ready for trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tferrari

FLORIDA

ore details:

I have an ongoing civil lawsuit that I need advice n please.

I was served 30th June. I immediately responded and filed a defense as well as my intent to counterclaim.

I heard nothing until end of october, when I received a letter stating plaintiff was ready for jury trial, nothing in between no depositions, not questions, no evidence, nothing, just the complaint and then letter saying ready for trial. I simply assumed they realized I had a strong defense and gave up, obviously I was wrong.

So I thin raced around and filed an interrogatory with plaintiff and a motion with the court 9that may not have been needed) asking for more time and asking them to compel plaintiff to answer interrogatories. Court denied the motion but stated EMERGENCY MOTION SHALL BE SET IN ORDINARY COURSE

My main question is, does the plaintiff still have to answer my written interrogatories (part of which ask to see the evidence agianst me and details of any witnesses) or is it too late and I just have to wait for trial date and arrive blind having no idea of what is to come which seems very unfair

quincy

FLORIDA

ore details:

I have an ongoing civil lawsuit that I need advice n please.

I was served 30th June. I immediately responded and filed a defense as well as my intent to counterclaim.

I heard nothing until end of october, when I received a letter stating plaintiff was ready for jury trial, nothing in between no depositions, not questions, no evidence, nothing, just the complaint and then letter saying ready for trial. I simply assumed they realized I had a strong defense and gave up, obviously I was wrong.

So I thin raced around and filed an interrogatory with plaintiff and a motion with the court 9that may not have been needed) asking for more time and asking them to compel plaintiff to answer interrogatories. Court denied the motion but stated EMERGENCY MOTION SHALL BE SET IN ORDINARY COURSE

My main question is, does the plaintiff still have to answer my written interrogatories (part of which ask to see the evidence agianst me and details of any witnesses) or is it too late and I just have to wait for trial date and arrive blind having no idea of what is to come which seems very unfair
Is this a small claims action? Which county in Florida?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">