• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Ex Roommate sue me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DV8in303

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)Colorado.

Hello, my ex girlfriend and I both signed a 6 mos lease agreement for a apartment. the Girlfriend then Moved Out after 2 months. I continued to live in the apartment until i was evicted the last month of the lease. The Girlfriend said she tried to rent another place but could not because the Eviction was on her credit report. She claims that she owes $1500, However my Credit report says that i owe $430.

question 1,
Could the difference in amount owed have to do with the fact she broke the lease by Moving out before the lease was up,?

and
question 2,
Can she take me to court and sue me for the Money she owes?

hope somebody can help

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)Colorado.

Hello, my ex girlfriend and I both signed a 6 mos lease agreement for a apartment. the Girlfriend then Moved Out after 2 months. I continued to live in the apartment until i was evicted the last month of the lease. The Girlfriend said she tried to rent another place but could not because the Eviction was on her credit report. She claims that she owes $1500, However my Credit report says that i owe $430.

question 1,
Could the difference in amount owed have to do with the fact she broke the lease by Moving out before the lease was up,?

and
question 2,
Can she take me to court and sue me for the Money she owes?

hope somebody can help
No...But you might be able to sue her...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">