• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be charged twice for same incident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmesee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
My boyfriends ex falsely had me charged me with harassment which was immediately dismissed after she testified in court because she had no proven her claim I had both evidence and a witness that shows she actually harassed me. I was never given the chance to testify because it was dismissed. Nonetheless, she refiled the same complaint. On the previous docket sheet transcripts, it shows that she was not sworn and states that she did not testify. This is in error. She did. No one else did because the case was dismissed by the judge after my attorney moved to dismiss the case because she was claiming I did something I did not do without having evidence and witnesses to back her story. This is a nightmare for me. What are my rights? How can I fight this without going to court again. I am losing time at work and have accrued costs in attorney fees. In addition, I have proof of several incidences where she has been harassing me. I never filed because I am a public figure and it is has been embarrassing to bring light to this insanity. This has caused me a lot of anxiety. She seems to have a pattern of this as has done the same to my Bf, and BFs previous ex. who did say she would testify on my behalf about this women's pattern of filing harassment charges for no reason

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
My boyfriends ex falsely had me charged me with harassment which was immediately dismissed after she testified in court because she had no proven her claim I had both evidence and a witness that shows she actually harassed me. I was never given the chance to testify because it was dismissed. Nonetheless, she refiled the same complaint. On the previous docket sheet transcripts, it shows that she was not sworn and states that she did not testify. This is in error. She did. No one else did because the case was dismissed by the judge after my attorney moved to dismiss the case because she was claiming I did something I did not do without having evidence and witnesses to back her story. This is a nightmare for me. What are my rights? How can I fight this without going to court again. I am losing time at work and have accrued costs in attorney fees. In addition, I have proof of several incidences where she has been harassing me. I never filed because I am a public figure and it is has been embarrassing to bring light to this insanity. This has caused me a lot of anxiety. She seems to have a pattern of this as has done the same to my Bf, and BFs previous ex. who did say she would testify on my behalf about this women's pattern of filing harassment charges for no reason
Are these civil or criminal harassment actions? I am assuming civil, since this is in the civil litigation section of the forum.

You aren't "charged" with harassment in a civil action. You are charged by a prosecutor in a criminal action.

You would be sued for damages resulting from the harassment in a civil action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">