• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Combine My Response to a "Show Cause Order" With a Motion to Dismiss?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rob10873

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hi - Complex situation, but a very basic and general question. A petition for Constructive Civil Contempt was filed against me due to breaching part of a separation agreement with my wife. As a result, I was served with a Show Cause Order. When I respond to the Show Cause Order, can I combine it with a "Motion to Dismiss" the original petition? In other words, I would label my response:

"Responsive Declaration to Show Cause Order & Motion to Dismiss Petition For Constructive Civil Contempt"

Does that make sense? Or do these constitute separate documents that must be filed seperately?

Thanks!!!

Regards,
Rob

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hi - Complex situation, but a very basic and general question. A petition for Constructive Civil Contempt was filed against me due to breaching part of a separation agreement with my wife. As a result, I was served with a Show Cause Order. When I respond to the Show Cause Order, can I combine it with a "Motion to Dismiss" the original petition? In other words, I would label my response:

"Responsive Declaration to Show Cause Order & Motion to Dismiss Petition For Constructive Civil Contempt"

Does that make sense? Or do these constitute separate documents that must be filed seperately?

Thanks!!!

Regards,
Rob
Separate documents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">