• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I file a civil suit if after assault/battery I have to quit my job...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smashtheepumpki

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV

I was attacked by a group of 6 males a few days back (I'm a female...and did absolutely nothing to do them...but they THOUGHT I did...I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time)...

Before they started hitting on me they were verbally harassing me and they started yelling out "That's that f...in b...ch from [the place where I work]" I didn't know these guys...and were freaked out that they knew where I work...I'm especially freaked out now because the one is most likely going to be arrested tommmorow (I'm afraid the other 5 are going to stalk me after he gets arrested)...

I'm thinking I'm going to have to quit my job in order to protect myself...it's only a part-time job but I'm a college student and need that money...I also don't have a car and this job was convienent and I just generally enjoyed it...and HATE that I'm practically being forced into quitting...

My assistant manager told me I should look into filing a civil suit for this...(I was already going to file one for the medical expenses)...do you think it's reasonable/possible to file a civil suit over this?

dolebot

Who would you be suing? The gang of toughs?

If you know the folks involved I would think a restraining order is your next order of business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">