• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file a Lawsuit against an Airline for wages lost?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I was on an International flight that was diverted back to the departure airport for a security issue that was discovered after take off. The flight returned and was cancelled. I needed to be at my destination the following day for work I was under contract to perform so re-booking the flight would do me no good. Do I have any legal footing in filing a suit for lost wages against the Airline?

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

You need to allow time for travel interruptions, when commuting long distances. If your work is lucrative enough, buy your own plane.

Proserpina

I was on an International flight that was diverted back to the departure airport for a security issue that was discovered after take off. The flight returned and was cancelled. I needed to be at my destination the following day for work I was under contract to perform so re-booking the flight would do me no good. Do I have any legal footing in filing a suit for lost wages against the Airline?
As previously indicated, you always have to be prepared for delays and/or cancellations.

It's the nature of the beast.

justalayman

You might take a few minutes and read the airlines terms of service. I suspect you will find plenty of limitations of liability and disclaimers to adequately remove any liability on the airline's part.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">