• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file suit??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robyj1973

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
I am outraged that a publishing company allowed the publication of an event in my life without authorization. They used my real name and quoted me as saying stuff I never said...Can they do that??

Rexlan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
I am outraged that a publishing company allowed the publication of an event in my life without authorization. They used my real name and quoted me as saying stuff I never said...Can they do that??
Apparently they can since they did. What did they say when you asked them about it?

robyj1973

Obviously they did!!!

I havn't spoken to them, I am seeking an attorney. Just because they did it, doesn't mean it's legal or ethical. The event they wrote about was traumatic and private...they had no right to publish it...not to mention it's all over the internet now!!!

Just Blue

I havn't spoken to them, I am seeking an attorney. Just because they did it, doesn't mean it's legal or ethical. The event they wrote about was traumatic and private...they had no right to publish it...not to mention it's all over the internet now!!!
What type of "event" was this? How did the publishing house get your information?.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">