• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I have Civil Case records in Fairfax Virginia Sealed, Shielded, or expunged?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

runguy22

Hello,

My question pertains specifically to civil cases in Fairfax, Virginia.

Can I have records sealed, shielded from public view, expunged, etc. from a CIVIL court case regarding a "Warrant In Debt" in which the monies owed have been satisfied? (paid in full and marked satisfied on the court records).

I've only been able to find information on Criminal cases but I need information regarding Civil cases. From what I've seen, other states make this very easy, just filling out a simple and short form after a set waiting period.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

FlyingRon

Alas, while there are a whole slew of civil proceedings that are required to be sealed or held confidential, I don't believe there's any statutory or even court process to petition to make those not required to be held so changed to be so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">